Thursday 6 September 2012

Choosing a Nursing Bra

I had been thinking about getting a nursing bra ever since my husband and I started on our breastfeeding journey. It wasn't that I really needed one - I wasn't going to need to feed him in a public place, and I wasn't going to need easy access to my breasts for a quick feed either. On the contrary, we're usually in our bed, warm and snug, when he cuddles up and reaches for my nipple. But the thought of wearing a nursing bra intrigued me - and it excited me.

I loved to dream and imagine how the next nursing session will be and I wanted something to always remind me of who I was - a nursing wife to her husband. I wanted something close to me that nobody else could see, a little secret that I held close, that was there but not there. And when the idea of a nursing bra came to mind, I became almost desperate to have one. I imagined wearing it during my normal day, something that was functional yet full of delight. I imagined my husband un-clipping it, softly letting my breast fall out, and catching the nipple with his lips.

And so I started my search! I didn't want to go to a store to buy one, although the thought made me feel quite naughty as well... but I started my search online. I found lots on Amazon and through other online department stores. For those who are thinking of getting one, or who now think they'd want one after reading my post (!!),  I recommend Amazon. There's lots of choice in colours and sizes and fabrics. There are two main designs - both have clips on the shoulders but the one I chose frames the breast and gives more support to those of us who wear a DD cup! This is the one I bought - in black - and I love it. I often wear it during the day under a loose jumper and I can feel my nipples press against the soft fabric. At night, I wear it to bed and watch my husbands eyes light up as he reaches for the clip and waits for his feeding.

It's a simple article of clothing. It's not sexy like lingerie. But to us, it's the sexiest piece of underwear I'll ever own.

Hanna Seamless Drop Cup
Unpadded Nursing Bra
Available in White or Black
Amazon.co.uk
£19.99

8 comments:

  1. What a great read. I have considered one myself. Imy breasts are swelling so I'm going to need a new bra soon.
    Did you use a pump to get lactation established? My breast long to be suckled in the middle of the day and I'm at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nursing bras tend to be very boring, although I understand the novelty factor. I recommend half-cup bras from places such as Frederick's of Hollywood. It's something practical for nursing, yet sexy too. Quarter-cup bras are better if your boobs are small enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they've come a very long way with nursing bras since this post. Cake, Kostar, Hot Milk, Anita, and Le Mystere all make pretty nursing bras that are both supportive and sexy. And most of them come in extended sizes. I wear a 30-32 FF. Open cup bras often look very silly on me.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Dan for the comment. Great idea of a half-cup bra! I find the nursing bra provides support as well, which is necessary with larger breasts. I'll look into getting a sexy half-cup bra as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have just ordered a bra although I am still working on lactation my breasts are enlarged some what. Still looking for a man who would be interested on sharing my jouney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where are you Jayne? I love o suckle!

      Delete
    2. Would love you to get in vontact with me im looking for a female partner to start the journey with. 07922299023 message me xx

      Delete
    3. Would love you to get in vontact with me im looking for a female partner to start the journey with. 07922299023 message me xx

      Delete